25 years ago Jacob Brock was born and my life was changed forever! I just want to say happy birthday to my husband as he turns a quarter of century old. I feel so lucky to have him in my life. He makes everyday special for me.
This particular birthday is extra special since it is his "golden birthday." I was informed this summer by my niece Emery that your golden birthday is when you turn the age of your birth-date. So Jacob is 25 tomorrow on August 25th. HAPPY GOLDEN BIRTHDAY!
We have a tradition in the Brock home (that Jacob started in his family when he was 13) where everyone goes around the room and says why they love the birthday person. I would like to do that today, but I don't just have one reason why, I have a million. But for now I will stick with 25 reasons why I love Jacob:
2.Jacob is optimistic. He has the best outlook on life and stays positive. He has so much hope and trust in the Lord and that spills into every aspect of his life. Because of this, he is really good at helping me when I don't feel as optimistic.
3. He puts my happiness first.
4. He has the best sayings: Fruit Loopio, Judas Priest, man alive, etc.
5. He gives the best foot rubs.
6. He's not afraid to show PDA
7. He is a good example to me.
8. He is good at sports. I love watching him play on his BYU intramural football team. I also love playing sports with him on our dates (Frisbee, racquetball, basketball)
9. He's good at planning dates. The other day, I had a bad day and came home to the house clean, a homemade dinner, a letter, and a fun night planned.
10. He gives me a lot of attention (I can be pretty needy... )
11. He is so fun loving and outgoing. I always wanted to marry someone who was fun and outgoing. Jacob is exactly that and he makes life fun.
12. He is silly. I feel so lucky to know and see the real Jacob when he is completely himself.
13. He lets me get my way most of the time ;)
14. He is "fiercely loyal."
15. He's good with kids. I love watching him play with his nieces and nephews. They love to jump on his back or shoot nerf gun bullets at him. He makes them laugh.
16. He has the most handsome smile.
17. He knows how to comfort me better than anyone else in the world. He knows how to turn my day around.
18. He is super smart! He is my human calculator! I never have to use a real calculator. The other day I went out to breakfast with my sister and when we had to leave a tip I felt so lost because usually Jacob does the math in his head so I don't have to worry. :)
19. He is a go-getter. He gets things done and makes things happen. He is graduating a half year early and already has a job lined up for 10 days after he graduates. Smart baby!
20. He makes me happy. I am so much happier when he is around.
21. He is good at serving me and other people. One way he serves me is by coming into my classroom and helping out. He also is the one who goes grocery shopping in our house.
22. He is very sassy when he wakes up. I love when he says funny things. One morning I told him to stop snoring and he said: "You stop snoring." And then he did his half asleep laugh. He never remembers these conversations we have when he wakes up.
23. He's very good at organizing the cupboards and fridge.
24. He is a great host and loves having friends over to play games and talk. He makes the bomb milkshakes and popcorn.
25. He is so sweet and kind. He is always improving and trying to be a better husband and person. I admire him so much.
I just love everything about Jacob. He is perfect for me and he is my best friend. I look forward to the next 25 years.
I love you baby! Have the best birthday ever!